Computational Acoustics, Performance Analysis of Communications Networks, Network Traffic Modeling, Physical Layer Models for Wireless Systems, Radio Spectrum Sharing .
- Probability and Random Processes 16.584
- Computational Data Modeling I 16.711
- Computational Data Modeling II 16.712
- Modeling and Simulation of Communications Networks 16.617
- Signals and Systems 16.362
- Eng.D ('92) Electrical Engineering University of Massachusetts Lowell
- MS ('87) Computer Engineering University of Massachusetts Lowell
- BS ('85) Electronics Bangalore University, India
- 2004- Professor, Electrical and Computer Engineering (ECE), UMASS Lowell
- 2000-2004 Associate Professor, ECE, UMASS Lowell
- 1996-2000 Assistant Professor ECE, UMASS Lowell
- 1996-1998 Senior Technical Staff Member, Applied Techologies Laboratories, AT&T Labs, Holmdel, NJ
- 1994-1996 Member of Technical Staff, Teletraffic and System Performance Department, AT&T Bell Labs, Holmdel,NJ
- 1993-1994 Research Assistant Professor, ECE, UMASS Lowell
- 1992-1993 Postdoctoral Research Associate, Center for Advanced Computation and Telecommunications, UMASS Lowell
Professional Honors & Awards:
IEEE Senior Member (2001), NSF CAREER Award (1998), Member Sigma Xi (1997), Francis Cabot Lowell Young Alumni Award in Engineering (1998), Eta Kappa Nu Outstanding Young Electrical Engineer (Honorable Mention) Award (1996).
A partnership with researchers in the Colleges of Engineering, Science and Education, high school teachers and students in school districts of Lowell, Lawrence, Gardner and Haverhill Massachusetts. Project Goals: Enhance technical communication skills of graduate student researchers, develop STEM enrichment activities in the high school Physics, Mathematics and Science classrooms and engage partner teachers in University research programs.
- Office: Falmouth 203, Center for Advanced Computation and Telecommunications
1, University Ave., Lowell, MA. 01854
- Telephone: (978) 934 3356
- Fax: (978) 934 3027
- Email: Kavitha_Chandra@uml.edu