Research/Teaching Assistant in UMass Lowell
BSc: Electrical Engineering (Control and Robotics), Isfahan University of Technology (IUT), 2004-2008
MSc: Electrical Engineering (Control and Robotics), Amirkabir University of Technology (Tehran Polytechnic), 2008-2012
PhD: Mechanical Engineering (Control and Robotics), University of Massachusetts Lowell, 2013-now
Distributed Fault Diagnosis in Large-scale Systems
The majority of systems that are encountered in most existing technological, societal, and environmental processes are highly complicated, have high dimensionality, and are uncertain in nature. Examples of such large-scale systems include: water distribution systems, power networks, cyber physical systems, telecommunication networks, automated highway systems, just to name a few. Complex processes are signiﬁcantly more vulnerable to faults, since a malfunction in a single component may have a major effect to the entire system. Availability, dependability and resiliency are becoming major design goals for large-scale technological systems due to stringent economic, ecological and safety demands. The broad objective is to design fault tolerant systems that maintain their operation even in the occurrence of faults. A timely diagnosis of a fault mode may improve the process’ availability and maintainability by avoiding downtimes, breakdowns and catastrophic failures. Therefore, there is a growing need for resilient fault diagnosis algorithms especially in the case of safety-critical applications.
· E. Noursadeghi, I. Raptis, “Full-order Distributed Fault Diagnosis for Large-scale Nonlinear Stochastic Systems”, Proceedings of DSCC, ASME, 2015.
· E. Noursadeghi, I. Raptis, “Distributed Fault Detection of Large-Scale System”, International Conference on Cyber-Physical Systems, 2015.
· E. Noursadeghi, P.Kamani, A. Afshar, “Defect Root Cause Analysis in Production Lines Based on Hierarchical Baysian Network”, International Conference on Computer and Computer Intelligence, ASME, 2011.
· E. Noursadeghi, P. Kamani, A. Afshar, “Defect Root Cause Analysis in Large Scale Manufacturing System”, International Conference on Computer and Computer Intelligence, ASME, 2011.
· P. Kamani, E. Noursadeghi, A. Afshar, F. Towhidkhah, “Car Body Paint Defect Detection and Classification”, International Conference on Computer and Computer Intelligence, ASME, 2011.
· P. Kamani, E. Noursadeghi, A. Afshar, F. Towhidkhah, “ Automatic Paint Defect Detection and Classification of Car Body”, Machine Vision and Image Processing Conference, IEEE, 2011.